WHAT WE DO
TLA have the following functions;
- To play an advisory role to the Government and private organizations in matters affecting quality in establishing and managing libraries and information services
- To organize meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences and run courses so as to impart new knowledge and skills.
- To collect, collate and publishing Journals, bulletins, newsletters, etc to inform members and promote the objectives of the association.
- To compile, keep and regularly update information pertaining to each member.
- To collaborate with national and international associations and institutions interested in the development of libraries and the information industry.
- To devise means to raise funds either through fees, subscription, soliciting grants and donation or economic ventures.
- To determine, from time to time, the annual fees or any special levies payable by its members and the date of payment of such levies;
- to utilize, invest and dispose of its funds in such a manner as may from time to time be decided upon by the AGM;
- To acquire, hire, let, hold or dispose of property and equipment, borrow money against security of the Association's assets including mortgage bonds on fixed property and accept and administer any trust or donation;
- to undertake, subsidise or otherwise support the publication of journals, newspapers and other publications;
- To appoint such personnel and auditors as may be necessary;
- To make provision for medical aid schemes, provident/pension funds and other benefits for its personnel;
- To negotiate for group schemes and other benefits for its members which the Association may deem necessary or desirable from time to time;
- To perform and/or do anything lawful of interest to members and the association.
- To develop, maintain and enforce a code of conduct for its members